Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Music in Secondary Schools Trust is to transform the lives of children and young people through music.
The Trust will do this by providing individual instruments and music lessons for whole year groups of students thus enabling students to study, play and perform in ensemble and orchestral groups.
As a result:
- discipline and commitment to learning will improve
- the skill of working in a team and a large group will be developed
- academic attainment will increase
This will lead to lives being enriched.
Music in Secondary Schools Trust
The Andrew Lloyd Webber Programme
On 23 April 2013 the MiSST was launched at a press conference at Highbury Grove School, Islington.
The MiSST will promote the education of young people by:
- supporting the Highbury Grove School model intensive music programme at Highbury Grove School
- rolling out this programme to other secondary schools
- each student as they enter the secondary school will study a classical musical instrument for a minimum of 3 years as part of their compulsory curriculum. The instrument and the tuition will be at no cost to the students or their families. All students on the programme will be expected to practice and perform in ensemble and orchestral groups on a regular basis